Preschool Program: Ages 3–4 Years Old
Bearfoot Lodge Private School’s Preschool Program Engages Little Learners
Children learn best by exploring the world around them. Active and inquisitive three- and four-year-olds benefit from preschool programs that allow them to experiment and learn through activities like puppet play, storytelling, and gardening. Our preschool program is designed to engage your child’s natural curiosity with fun, stimulating activities that foster healthy cognitive, socio-emotional, and physical development. With the help of our skilled, nurturing teachers and comprehensive curriculum, your child is primed to successfully sing, skip, and count his or her way into the next important stage of learning.
Effective Preschool Education Jumpstarts a Lifetime of Learning
Three- and four-year-old children are in their peak years for acquiring new skills and knowledge: 90% of a child’s brain develops by the age of five. Experiences during this time shape attitudes, aptitudes, and achievements for years to come. An effective preschool learning program offers both short-term and long-term cognitive, social, and emotional benefits for your child, such as better preparation for and performance in school, higher educational achievement, and even a lower chance of delinquency and crime in childhood and adulthood. A well-designed preschool curriculum lays the foundation for success in learning and life.
- Cognitive: Healthy children are born with 100 billion brain cells, each capable of making as many as 20,000 connections. Unfortunately, cells that don’t connect die and are never replaced. Secure, well-structured environments, nurturing caregivers, and stimulating activities promote essential brain-cell connections.
- Socio-Emotional: As children grow, they form many relationships: first with parents, then caregivers, and lastly peers. The quality of these early relationships influences how a child learns to manage emotions, interact, and share for the rest of his or her life. Responsiveness and communication is key to socio-emotional development.
- Physical: Running, hopping, jumping, and climbing constantly, your little one needs a safe place to master his or her new physical abilities. Age-appropriate play equipment helps further the development of gross and fine motor skills.
Our Developmental Activities Include:
- Comprehensive Preschool Curriculum: Our preschool program takes a holistic approach to early childhood development.
- Cognitive: Challenging math, science, social studies, and literacy activities.
- Socio-emotional: Collaborative dramatic play, thoughtful communication, and shared movement activities.
- Physical: Fitness routines and activities to develop gross and fine motor skills.
- Confidence through Choices: Preschoolers are learning to define the world and their role in it. Through a well-structured yet flexible curriculum with plenty of enriching and educational preschool options to choose from, your youngster learns to navigate his or her surroundings with confidence.
- Conversation: Language is essential to early cognitive development. Children who hear a multitude of words and participate in conversations build more brain-cell connections and are stronger learners for the rest of their lives. In our preschool programs, your child routinely enjoys engaging conversations with responsive teachers in comfortable classroom settings.
- Love of Literacy: Regular exposure to literature helps your child develop a strong vocabulary, imagination, and lifelong love of reading. Stories leap off the page in our preschool program, and books are used as teaching tools throughout all of our fun art, math, cooking, science, and fitness lessons.
- Learning Spanish: Studies show that the first three to four years of life are the best time for a child to learn a new language. Our skilled teachers introduce Spanish in fun, engaging ways, weaving words into songs, stories, games, and make-believe time. Children are continually exposed to greetings, numbers, food, clothing, animals, and weather vocabulary.
- Growing Up Fit: Bursting with energy, little ones thrive in the fitness portion of our preschool program. Our preschool curriculum incorporates stretching and jumping in fun and challenging exercises, as well as healthy recipes during classroom cooking projects.
- Technology Time: Computers are an integral component of modern life, so it’s only appropriate that your youngster begins language, literacy, math, and science lessons using up-to-date technology. Bearfoot Lodge Private School also offers Smart Board, a computerized white board designed to build cognitive and fine motor skills.
Bearfoot Lodge Private School: Our Parent-Partnership Promise
The effectiveness of a preschool program is as much about the quality of the curriculum as it is about the partnership between educators and parents, as well as anyone else with a stake in the child’s learning. At Bearfoot Lodge Private School, we work closely with parents and family to clearly define and set learning goals. Through regular communication, meetings, and progress reports, we collaborate extensively to provide the environment and conditions for your child to thrive. These collaborative efforts create a strong base for your child’s formative experiences to blossom into a lifelong love of learning.
Key Preschool Learning Considerations:
- 90% of a child’s brain is developed by age 5.
- Rich, stimulating experiences and interactions support brain-cell connections.
- Brain cells that do not connect unfortunately die and can never be regenerated.